Asian Meatballs with Sweet Soy Sauce
Try this superstar Asian Meatballs with Sweet Soy Sauce appetizer that will wow your friends and family!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 12 to 14 large shiitake mushrooms stems removed
- ½ sweet onion
- ½ ” inch chunk of peeled fresh ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cups of Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup of sliced green onions + more for garnish
- 1½ tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 1 cup of Kecap Manis or Sweetened Soy Sauce
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Add the shiitake mushrooms, sweet onion, ginger and garlic to a food processor and process on high until it becomes paste like.
Add the shiitake mushroom mixture to a large bowl along with the ground pork, ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, sliced green onions, Sriracha, soy, salt and pepper and mix until completely combined.
Next, roll out and form mini meatballs and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
Drizzle the sesame oil over the top of all of the meatballs and place the pan in the oven and cook for 35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked throughout.
Add the cooked meatballs to a large bowl along with the Kecap Manis and toss until they are completely coated.
Garnish the top of each meatball with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
Calories: 1191kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 63g | Fat: 68g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 244mg | Sodium: 4744mg | Potassium: 1210mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 9.5mg | Calcium: 254mg | Iron: 10.2mg