Korean BBQ Chicken Tacos with Sweet Coleslaw
Fire up your grill and sink your teeth into this delicious Korean BBQ Chicken Tacos with Sweet Coleslaw Recipe!
For the Chicken:
- 3 chicken breasts
- ¾ cup of sliced green onions
- 1 cup La Choy® Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of gochujang
- 2 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Hunt’s® Tomato Ketchup
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
For the Coleslaw:
- 2 cups of sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 thinly sliced yellow or orange bell pepper
- 1/2 thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of La Choy® Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Corn tortillas
Chicken: In a large bowl whisk together the green onions, soy sauce, gochujang, rice vinegar, ketchup, garlic and brown sugar. Reserve 1/2 cup for basting.
Once it's combined add it to a plastic bag along with the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
Once the chicken is done marinating cook on a hot grill (400 to 500) for 4 to 6 minutes on each side while basting often with the reserved 1/2 cup of sauce set aside.
Once it is done cooking, rest the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes before thinly slicing.
Coleslaw: In a large bowl whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil to combine.
Add in the cabbage, bell peppers, green onions, cucumbers and cilantro leaves and toss until coated.
To Plate: Place a few tablespoons of sliced chicken in the center of a corn tortilla and add a few tablespoons of the dressed coleslaw. Enjoy!