Leftover Creamy Mashed Potato Soup Recipe
This Leftover Creamy Mashed Potato Soup Recipe is perfect to get your creativity kick started after the holidays!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 3 small diced stalks of celery
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 6 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a large pot on high heat, melt the butter and saute the onions and celery for 6 to 8 minutes and then add in the flour and stir.
Next, add in the stock and cook on low heat until it becomes thick.
Whisk in the potatoes, heavy cream and salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
Serve with crispy bacon, cheddar cheese and chives.
Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 746mg | Potassium: 976mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1240IU | Vitamin C: 26.2mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 6.9mg