Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
A healthy side dish option for you and your family!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 heads of trimmed fresh cauliflower
- 20 cloves of roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the cauliflower until it is tender and cooked through out, about 8 minutes.
Add the cooked cauliflower to a food processor along with the roasted garlic cloves, butter, cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper until it becomes smooth and resembled mashed potatoes.
Garnish with the chopped chives.
- It is ok to have some of the cauliflower stem still in place when cooking and processing it.
- When it comes to boiling anything the water should be as salty as the ocean.
- No matter if you are making mashed cauliflower or mashed potatoes it is important to incorporate a good amount of fat for the most amount of flavor possible.
- Consider garnishing with fresh herbs as chervil, dill, parsley, tarragon and thyme go well with cauliflower.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 322IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 1mg