Roasted Sweet and Savory Acorn Squash
Spruce up your holiday meal with this amazing Roasted Sweet and Savory Acorn Squash recipe!
- 5 fresh acorn squashes cut in half and seeded
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup of chopped crispy bacon
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup of Crystal Farms® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Place the butter, brown sugar, bacon and sage in a small pot and cook over low heat until the butter is melted. Stir until combined.
Next, place the acorn squash flesh side up on a sheet of foil. Season them with salt and pepper and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the melted butter mixture into the cup of each squash. Top off with 1 to 2 tablespoons of Crystal Farms® Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
Fold up all sides of the foil to ensure the squash is covered and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.