Mini Vegetable Tortilla Shooters with Chicken Cheese Taquitos
Looking to spice up your next get together? Check out these Mini Vegetable Tortilla Shooters with Chicken Cheese Taquitos!
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ small diced jalapeño seeds removed
- ½ small diced poblano pepper seeds removed
- 1 dried chile de arbol seeds removed
- 2 28 ounce cans of white hominy strained and rinsed
- 2 15 ounce cans of black beans strained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas strained and rinsed
- 1 ½ tablespoons of dried cumin
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- 3 15 ounce cans of crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 4 cups of crushed corn tortilla chips
- 15 heated Jose Ole Chicken and Cheese taquitos
- Optional Garnishes: sliced green onions fresh cilantro leaves, avocado, Cotija cheese, lime wedges
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot on high heat, melt the butter and add in the onions and garlic and caramelize, about 20 minutes.
Once the onions are brown add in the peppers and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
Next add the hominy, beans, cumin, oregano, tomatoes and stock and simmer for 40 minutes.
Finish the soup by stirring in the crushed corn tortilla chips, salt and pepper and simmer for another 20 minutes.
Once the Taquitos are cooked cut them in half on a bias and serve them along with the soup in mini espresso mugs or shot glasses.
Garnish the soup with the optional garnishes, sliced green onions, cilantro leaves, avocado, Cotija Cheese and lime wedges.