Creamy Polenta Recipe with Parmesan Cheese
Enhance your main entree by serving this tasty and easy to make Creamy Polenta Recipe with Parmesan Cheese as a side dish for your next meal.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 small diced small yellow onion
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 6 cups of chicken stock, vegetable stock or water
- 2 cups of medium ground cornmeal
- 2 ounces of unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a medium size pot on medium-high heat add in the olive oil and cook the onions and garlic until they are browned, about 3 to 7 minutes.
Pour in the liquid and bring to a boil.
Once boiling pour in the cornmeal while continuing to vigorously stir with a whisk to ensure no clumps are formed, about 15 to 20 minutes. When the cornmeal is poured in, turn the heat down to medium-low.
Finish off the polenta by stirring in butter, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper until completely combined. Cook for a further 5 minutes over low heat. Garnish with parmesan and parsley.
Serve hot, enjoy!
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 1008mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 16.6% | Vitamin C: 1.8% | Calcium: 15.7% | Iron: 7.2%