Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
Looking to change up your soup making game? Try this classic Anglo-Indian Mulligatawny Soup Recipe that is loaded with flavor!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 4 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 3 peeled and small diced carrots
- 3 small diced stalks of celery
- 1 small diced red bell pepper seeds removed
- 1 small diced green bell pepper seeds removed
- 3 peeled and small diced sweet potatoes
- 5 peeled and diced fuji apples
- 4 tablespoons of yellow curry powder
- 3 8- ounce cooked and diced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 96 ounces of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of corn starch whisked with 2 tablespoons of water
- 15 ounce can of coconut milk
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Optional Garnishes: creme fraiche croutons, chopped chives
In a large hot pot, add in sesame oil and saute the garlic, onions, carrots, celery, peppers and sweet potatoes.
Once the vegetables are browned add in the apples, curry powder and chicken breasts and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
Once spices are infused in the vegetables, add in stock and bring to a boil.
Once boiling whisk in the cornstarch-water combination to thicken it.
Turn the heat down and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
Finish with cilantro, coconut milk and adjust the seasonings.
Serve with optional garnishes.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 458mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 91.5% | Vitamin C: 20.7% | Calcium: 3.1% | Iron: 9.3%