Summer Salad Recipe with Quinoa and Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
This Summer Salad with Quinoa Recipe and Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing is loaded with nutrients and perfect for those hot summer days.
For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup of whole fat yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ cup of avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 2 cups of cooked and chilled Bob’s Red Mill Quinoa
- 8 cups of packed leafy greens
- 2 cooked chicken breasts sliced, or 1 cup of pulled rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup of blackberries
- ½ cup of raspberries
- ½ cup of blueberries
- ½ cup of strawberries
- ½ cup of pitted assorted cherries
- 1 peeled seeded and sliced avocado
- 1 cup of sliced assorted cherry tomatoes
- microgreens for garnish
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
Dressing: Whisk all of the ingredients together in a medium-size bowl or shake in a mason jar until combined. Chill before using.
Salad: Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and dress with dressing.
- As for most of my recipes it is my recommendation to use it as a guide and swap out ingredients as you see fit.
- The quinoa needs to be cold for this salad so chill after cooking.
- Please also feel free to add grilled salmon or grilled steak to this salad.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 640IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2.3mg