Vegetable Quesadillas Recipe with Chipotle Ranch Sauce
Go vegetarian with this fun delicious meal for Vegetable Quesadillas Recipe with Chipotle Ranch Sauce and Sweet Potatoes!
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
For the Quesadillas:
- 3 peeled and medium diced sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 each seeded and julienne red and green bell peppers
- 1 peeled and julienne yellow onion
- 1 pound of shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 15- ounce can of BUSH’S® Refried Black Beans.
- 4 cups of cooked white rice
- 2 ounces of unsalted butter cut up
- 8 large flour tortillas
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Sauce:
- 1 finely minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 ½ cups of ranch dressing
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Spread out the sweet potatoes on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper and drizzle on 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Set aside.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large frying pan over high heat and saute the peppers and onions for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
Sauce: add the chipotle pepper and ranch to a small bowl and mix until combined. Cool before serving.
To prepare: Add a small amount of butter to a large frying pan or a griddle over medium heat.
Add 1 tortilla and evenly spread the beans over ½ of the tortilla. Cover the beans with some white rice and top off with some peppers and onions, sweet potatoes and cheese.
Fold the other half over and cook on both sides until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Remove from the pan or griddle, slice and serve with sauce.
Calories: 846kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1106mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7695IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 513mg | Iron: 3mg