Smoked Cheese Bean Dip Recipe and Crudité Platter
Looking for a great appetizer this Holiday season? Try this beautiful and delicious Smoked Cheese Bean Dip Recipe and Crudité Platter!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
For the Dip:
- 6 strips of chopped thick cut bacon
- ½ peeled and small diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 2 cans of BUSH’S® Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed 1 can of BUSH’S® Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed 1 cup each of shredded mozzarella and smoked white cheddar cheese + more for garnish
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- optional garnishes: sliced green onions and roasted peppers and onions
For the Crudite:
- tri-colored baby carrots
- mini bell peppers
- roasted garlic
- warm sliced pita
- sliced celery
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Add the bacon to a medium size pot over medium heat and cook until crispy. Remove the bacon and set aside.
Next, add the onions and garlic to the pot with the rendered bacon fat and cook until browned.
Drain the beans in a colander and place into the pot along with a ¼ cup of water and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until they begin to break down a bit.
Mash with a hand masher and fold in the cheeses, sour cream, mayonnaise and salt and pepper.
Transfer the mixture to a cast iron or enamel pan and top off with cheeses. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Garnish the top of the bean dip with optional garnishes and serve with crudité options.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 43IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg