I’ve been wanting to make this Wedge Salad with Grilled Romaine and Roasted Vegetables for a while but obviously time has been an issue. I actually made homemade blue cheese dressing (which was awesome) and roasted the tomatoes in the oven! Enjoy this amazing salad!
Wedge Salad with Grilled Romaine and Roasted Vegetables
- 3 heads of Romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 ears of shucked corn
- 1 sweet onion cut into 1/2" thick rings
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup of assorted cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices small diced of crispy thick cut bacon
- 1 ounce of crumbled bleu cheese
- bleu cheesed dressing
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cut the romaine lettuce in half longways and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper and place down on a hot grill (450° to 550°) for 30 seconds on each side. Once grill marks have been formed remove from the heat and chill.
- Place the peppers, corn, onions, asparagus and tomatoes on to a hot grill (450° to 550°) and cook until golden brown and until they are just slightly crunchy or place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast in an oven on 450° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and al dente. Once cooked remove from the heat and chill. When the vegetables are cool, small dice them.
- To Plate: Lay down the romaine lettuce half and top off desired amount of roasted vegetables, crispy bacon, bleu cheese crumbles and bleu cheese dressing. Season salad with salt and pepper.