Wedge Salad with Crispy Bacon and Herb Chicken
Try this classic recipe for Wedge Salad with Crispy Bacon and Herb Chicken!
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup of crumbled bleu cheese
For the Salad:
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce cut into quarters
- ½ cup of chopped crispy bacon
- 1 cup of cherry tomates cut in half
- two 6 to 8 ounce chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- ½ cup of crumbled Maytag bleu cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a large bowl mix whisk together all bleu cheese dressing ingredients, adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and chill. Note: If you don’t want to make your own, buy a bottle of your favorite bleu cheese dressing.
- Next, coat the chicken on all sides with the dry oregano, season with salt and pepper and place In large hot saute pan with olive oil on high heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on 1 side, flip over and finish in the oven on 350° for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked throughout.
- To Plate: Place a slice of the iceberg lettuce down on a plate. Add a small amount of crispy bacon, tomatoes, bleu cheese dressing, crumbled bleu cheese and 1 seared herb chicken breast right on top.