This Walnut and Pumpkin Oatmeal Recipe encompasses just about everything delicious that goes into a pumpkin pie but is now in steel cut oats! Yummy!
I added in some pepitas and walnuts for a little more protein in the morning!
- ½ cup of Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons of canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Bob's Red Mill pepitas
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium size pot and mix in the steel cut oats. Turn the heat to low and occasionally stir for 20 to 25 minutes or until the oats are al dente and the water is absorbed.
- Next, stir in the salt and butter until mixed in.
- Mix in the pumpkin once it’s done and top off with brown sugar, pepitas and walnuts.