I’m in the home stretch of my 21 Days of Healthy Eating and I’m feelin good! Yes I’m a little soar, yes I want some ice cream, but I believe this little thing I am doing has accomplished what I hope it would. Eat healthier, control the portion sizes I intake and get me some motivation to go back to the gym. I’ve lost a few pounds, my face is a little skinnier and my jeans a little looser. I’m good 🙂 So I had some left over Asian inspired vegetables last week and decided to finish them off in this Vegetable and Noodle Bowl Recipe with Curry Broth. It was really good and pretty easy to make.
Most of the time spent is in prepping up the vegetables because the broth literally takes less than 15 minutes to make. The only thing that is slightly annoying about this recipe is the need to keep everything separate in the refrigerator. If you combine all these things together and let them sit in the refrigerator, your vegetables will turn to mush. So try and keep them separate if you can. I just put all of the vegetables in one plastic bag, the chicken in another and the broth in a plastic container with a cover, and it’s worked out ok. In any event, if you love soups then I would give this Vegetable and Noodle Bowl Recipe with Curry Broth a whirl, it’s pretty tasty! A little close up to see the herbs and cooked chicken. Also, try serving this up with rice or tofu even! Lastly, remember that when it comes to the vegetables, USE WHAT’S ON SALE!!!
A new wooden table for me to shoot and big pretty picture below for you to pin!
Vegetable and Noodle Bowl Recipe with Curry Broth
For the Soup:
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1 cup of sliced assorted bell peppers
- 1 cup of sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup of cooked seasoned and sliced chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint
- lime wedges for garnish
- 1 package of cooked rice noodles
For the Broth:
- 1 tablespoon of finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 finely grated clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup of red curry paste
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- In a large pot on high heat with sesame oil, caramelize the grated ginger and garlic. Once brown add in the curry paste, fish sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add in the stock and bring to a boil. Finish by whisking in the coconut milk and keep warm on low heat.
- In a separate large pot of boiling salted water, par-boil all of the vegetables.
- To Serve: Place some broth in a bowl and add in the cooked noodles, vegetables, sliced chicken, and garnish with cilantro, mint and lime wedges.