Turkey Pot Pie Recipe with Roasted Vegetables
This Turkey Pot Pie Recipe with Roasted Vegetables is perfect for after holiday meals!
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey meat
- 1 medium size yellow onion, small dice
- 2 stalks of celery, small dice
- 1 large peeled carrot, small dice
- 3 medium size yukon potatoes, small dice
- 2 finely minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 32 ounces of turkey or chicken stock
- 4 ounces of unsalted butter
- 4 ounces all purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Chardonnay wine
- ¾ cup sweet peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 large sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan on high heat add in olive oil and caramelize onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and garlic.
- While the vegetables are browning add chicken stock to a medium size pot and bring to a boil. While the stock is cooking combine flour and butter to a medium saute pan on medium heat until butter is melted and is combined with the flour to make a blond roux. Set aside.
- Once the stock is boiling add in just enough roux until the stock is extremely thick (think biscuits and gravy). Once the stock is thick finish with cream and season very well with salt and pepper.
- Once the vegetables are brown deglaze with the wine and cook until all of the chardonnay is absorbed by the vegetables. Next add in the thickened stock along with the turkey, peas and thyme. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Next, place one puff pastry sheet in a 6" by 12" baking dish making sure to cover all angles inside the pan. Pour as much of the turkey stuffing mixture as possible inside the puff pastry dish taking care not to over flow.
- In a small bowl whisk together very well.
- Before placing the second puff pastry sheet on the pan to cover the stuffing, use the egg wash by brushing the puff pastry to make the two puff pastry sheets stick together. Be sure to cut off any access puff pastry.
- Brush the entire top of the turkey pot pie with egg wash and bake at 400° for 22 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- To plate, cut out a small piece of the pot pie and place on a plate garnishing with a fresh thyme sprig.