Turkey Chili Recipe
This Turkey Chili Recipe is a perfect alternative to the classic recipe and perfect for all events!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons finely diced garlic
- 2 diced green bell peppers
- 1 finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 finely diced poblano pepper
- 3 pounds lean ground turkey meat
- 5 eighteen ounce cans white kidney beans
- 96 ounces chicken stock
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup ground cumin
- ⅓ cup chili powder
- ½ cup dry oregano
- Lea and Perrins to taste
- tabasco to taste
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large rondeaux pot on high heat add in oil, onions, garlic and peppers and caramelize. (Will take 20 – 25 minutes).
- Once the veggies are golden brown push them to a corner of the pan and add in the turkey to the side of the pan with no vegetables.
- Brown the turkey until it is completely done and then mix it in with the vegetables.
- Once everything is combined, mix in the chili powder, cumin and oregano and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Next add in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- While the chili is cooking, mix together cornstarch and water in a small bowl and whisk it into the chili once it is boiling.
- Once the chili is thick finish it with cream and adjust the seasonings with tabasco, Lea and Perrins, salt and pepper.
- On low heat cook the chili for a further 1 to 2 hours to maximize flavor.