Every week each of The Lowes Foods “Smart Shoppers” writes a blog on their particular specialty. I already know what you are thinking, “What on earth does this have to do with the title of this post?” Well, I am gettin’ there so hold your horses. We as “Smart Shoppers” spend a lot of time coming up with these well thought out niche blogs to give you ideas, money saving tips, recipes, healthy alternatives etc.. For family time, see Amal. To learn to coupon like a pro, go see Andrea. If you want the best in nutrition, visit Cindy and of course you know what I do. After you have written 100 + blogs on food in your life it sometimes gets difficult to come up with new stuff, so as I was looking around at what some new trends are I found the same theme on EVERY one’s website. Being Italian this theme was very near and dear to my heart and I feel confident that I can give you a recipe that will blow my competition out of the water, *cough* food network, food and wine *cough* *cough* 🙂 I made up a recipe for meatballs a few years ago and after the video recipe was done I wasn’t exactly sure what to call them, so I figured this would do. These meatballs are great for entertaining, tailgating, in spaghetti sauce, as a passed appetizer, etc.. Have fun making them, THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!
The Juciest Meatballs of All Time
- 3 tablespoons of finely minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup of fInely minced sweet onions
- 4 ounces of softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 pounds of ground pork
- 3/4 pounds of lean ground beef (85/15 or 90/10)
- 1 1/2 cups of Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of finely diced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of finely diced fresh rosemary
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
Serves 3 to 4
- In a large saute pan on high heat, caramelize the onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once brown add the cooked garlic and onions into a mixing bowl with the all of the remaining ingredients execept for the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Make sure all of the ingredients are very well combined, then roll them into golf ball sized balls and saute in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil until golden brown and finish in oven on 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!