Believe it or not, at times, I can’t think of one thing to cook for dinner for the family. I have millions of things flowing through my head, but not one of them sounds good or makes sense to even make. There are even times where my brain is literally dead and I literally can’t come up with one idea. Well I was having some issues the other night before heading to the grocery store of what on earth to make. I came up with 3 dinner ideas, that would also carry into lunch the next day, that seemed to have a bit of twist on them, which you know I love, and am happy to share. This Teriyaki Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa recipe literally came together in 30 minutes, minus the marinating time, and it was flippin delicious! Once I started rolling with the recipe, things just started to flow. Sour cream turned into lime sour cream. White rice turned into a Mexican style rice, and salsa turned into grilled pineapple salsa! Seriously though, give this a try and let me know in the comments below how it was, and as always share it to your social channels and tell me what you thought.
Can you tell yet that I love food photography?
I have to get as many angles as possible!
Always got to go close in.
One last final shot 🙂
Teriyaki Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
For the Shrimp:
- 1 pound of 26-30 raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups of teriyaki marinade
- 1 pineapple cored and sliced into ½” thick slices
- 2 seeded jalapeños
- 1 yellow onion sliced into ½” thick slices
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro + extra leaves for garnish
- juice of 2 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 sliced avocado
- corn tortilla shells
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
For the Rice:
- 4 cups of cooked medium grain rice
- 2 ounces of melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Place the shrimp and teriyaki marinade into a plastic slider bag and marinade for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- In a small bowl mix together the zest and juice of 1 lime with the sour cream and chill.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the cooked rice, butter, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper until combined and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- On a hot grill (450° to 550°) roast the onions, pineapple and jalapeños until they are caramelized with grill marks. Once cooked chop everything to a medium dice and add to a bowl along with the juice of 1 lime, chopped cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Next, remove the shrimp from the plastic slider bag and cook on a hot grill (450° to 550°) until just cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Once cooked, remove from the grill.
- Option: toast the corn tortilla shells on the grill, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- To Plate: Place a few shrimp on the toasted corn tortilla shell followed up with 1 teaspoon of lime sour cream, sliced avocado and topped off with a few tablespoons of the pineapple salsa and cilantro leaves. Serve alone side the warm rice.