Be sure to try this amazing Teriyaki Grilled Shrimp, Pineapple & Roasted Peppers that is loaded with Flavor!
Teriyaki Grilled Shrimp, Pineapple & Roasted Peppers
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 finely minced clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 3/4 cups of packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 3 tablespoons of corn starch +1 tablespoon of water to make a slurry
- 1 red onion sliced thick
- 2 bell peppers sliced into 1″ pieces
- 1 pineapple cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 pound of peeled and deveined 26-30 shrimp
- 4 cups of cooked jasmine rice
- sliced green onions for garnish
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- white sesame seeds for garnish
- Teriyaki: In a medium sized pot on high heat with sesame oil, caramelize the garlic and ginger. Once brown, add in the soy sauce, water, brown sugar and honey and bring to a boil. In a separate bowl whisk together corn starch and water to form a slurry. Once the soy sauce mixture is boiling, whisk in the slurry until it becomes thick to make a teriyaki sauce. When thick remove from the heat and chill.
- Shrimp: Add the onions, peppers, pineapple and shrimp to a large plastic bag with the chilled teriyaki sauce reserving 1/2 cup of the sauce and keeping cool. Add the marinated bag into the refrigerator and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes. Once marinated place all the vegetables, fruit and shrimp on a very hot grill and good for 6 to 10 minutes or until shrimp is cooked and the remaining ingredients are browned. Once cooked, remove from the grill.
- To Plate: Lay down the cooked jasmine rice onto a plate. Top off with the teriyaki marinated and cooked shrimp, veggies and fruit. Drizzle on a small amount of the reserved teriyaki sauce and garnish with green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.