There is really no gentle way of putting it, THE SUMMER HAS BEEN BRUTALLY HOT! If you think you have been toasty outside, try standing in front of 450° grill on camera doing everything possible not to sweat. Summer has certainly been rough and really there isn’t much you can do about it because even pools seem slightly cooler than a hot tub. So let’s get this straight, you are pretty much stuck inside with not a lot to do, because quite frankly not even food sounds that great but at least the A/C is blowing. Well I can tell you that it would take me being seriously ill or something physically wrong to keep me out of the kitchen, but even lately it’s bee rough. So what’s my remedy? Gotta stay cool and sane and I believe that comes through some ice cold peach sangria. Let’s be honest here, the Spanish culture has endured some pretty hot heat and they were obviously onto something when it came to staying cool with no fans much less A/C. So below sip on some of my fresh berry sangria recipe and stay cool, cause it ain’t over yet 🙂 If you have any food related questions connect with me at facebook.com/chefbillyparisi or at twitter.com/chefbillyparisi.
Fresh Berry Sangria:
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 orange cut into small wedges
- 1 cup of cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1 bottle of Red Zinfandel
Serves 4 to 6
- Sangria: In a small pot boil together sugar and water and immediately chill. Once cool toss with fruit and juice. Lastly poor in wine and mix thoroughly. Chill in the refrigerator to cool or serve on ice.