Stuffed Chicken Breast with Spinach and Pine Nuts
Be sure to try this amazing Stuffed Chicken Breast with Spinach and Pine Nuts recipe.
- one 7 to 8 ounce chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1½ cups packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons julienne sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan on high heat add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and caramelize the garlic. Once the garlic is brown add in spinach, tomatoes, pine nuts, basil and cook fora 2-4 minutes on low heat. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breast on a large piece of plastic wrap and simply fold over the wrap to make sure no chicken is exposed. Pound out the chicken using a mallet until the chicken is ¼? to ⅓? thick.
- Once the chicken is pounded season both sides with salt and pepper. Evenly spread the spinach pine nut stuffing all over the chicken.
- Starting at the part of the chicken closest to you, roll it up so that there is no stuffing being exposed.
- In a medium saute pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil sear the stuffed chicken on all sides until golden brown. Finish in the oven on 350° for 8 to 12 minutes.
- To plate slice the chicken and serve with balsamic glaze.