Bleu Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Fingerlings and Haricot Verts with Wild Horse Cabernet Sauvignon
Learn how to make this savory bleu cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe with roasted garlic fingerling potatoes!
- 1 pound of fingerling potatoes cut in half
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inches thick
- 1 cup of packed baby spinach
- ½ cup of chopped cooked bacon
- 6 ounces of crumbled bleu cheese
- 1 pound of haricot verts
- 1 ounce of butter
- juice of 2 lemons
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Serves 3 to 4
- In a large bowl mix together potatoes, garlic, two tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven on 425° for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and cooked throughout. Once finished, remove from the heat and toss with the juice of ½ lemon.
- Once the chicken is pounded and flattened, season all sides with salt and pepper and evenly divide the spinach, bacon and bleu cheese between the 3 chicken breasts and place that mixture right in the center of the breast. Next, simply roll it up tight and make sure the stuffing remains in the chicken. In a large hot sauté pan on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sear the chicken shut to make sure no stuffing comes out and brown it on all sides. Finish the chicken in the oven on 425° for 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through out. Once cooked, remove from the heat and de-glaze the pan with the juice of 1 lemon (toss around) and slice in half.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the haricot verts for 4 to 6 minutes. Once they are cooked remove from the water and toss with butter, salt, pepper and the juice of 1 lemon.
- To Plate: Place the chicken halves facing up on a white plate served alongside the roasted potatoes and buttered haricot verts. Serve along side a glass of Wild Horse cabernet sauvignon.