Ohhhh EMMM GGGGEEEE make this Strawberry Scones Recipe and make it today! I absolutely love scones, but I always feel like man I wish they were just a touch sweeter. Well, since I’m in control that’s exactly what I did and they were perfect for my taste buds! I was able to add a little more sweetness by simply tossing the chopped strawberries with a few tablespoons of sugar just to ensure my sweet tooth was properly satisfied!
This year I made a promise to myself to bake more and everything that I bake, including these Strawberry Scones, is always so much easier than I remember. Either you love baking or your hate baking, and if you are a hater like me I encourage you to get in the kitchen and get after it, because you will be amazed at how easy it really is.
This recipe was such a simply combo of Bob’s Red Mill® Organic All-Purpose flour, some sugar, butter, eggs and milk. I mean if you just did that then you’ve got scones, and from there you can add anything in you’d like. For me strawberries are in season so why not?
I really cannot encourage you enough to make these, they are really delicious, easy to prepare, and bake in 20 minutes, it’s a win-win! Big guy below for pinning 🙂
- 3 cups of Bob’s Red Mill® All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 cup of roughly chopped fresh strawberries mixed with ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of whole milk
- 1 stick of ice cold unsalted butter shredded on a cheese grater
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of whole milk
- ½ cup of sifted powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon.
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, ½ cup of sugar, baking powder, salt and butter until completely combined.
- In a separate medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs and milk and pour it into the dry ingredients bowl along with the strawberries and mix together with a fork until it is combined to form a dough.
- Form the dough until it makes a large disk about 1 inch thick and cut it into pie slices and place them on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and milk and brush the top of each scone with the wash to help brown.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until they are golden brown on top and cooked in the middle.
- Let them cool completely before serving.
- While they are cooling whisk together the milk and sifted powdered sugar in a small bowl until combined and drizzle on top of the scones along with some fresh lemon zest. Enjoy!