Steak Au Poivre with Cognac Cream
Try this classic recipe for Steak Au Poivre with Cognac Cream done Chef Billy Parisi style!
- 12 ounce New York strip steak
- ½ teaspoon of black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon of red peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon of green peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon of white peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons of fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup of good cognac
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- Kosher salt to taste
- Mash whole peppercorns using the bottom side of a pan.
- Rub steak on all sides with fennel and crushed peppercorn seeds and don’t forget to season with salt.
- Sear meat to desired temperature and then set aside to rest.
- Deglaze pan with cognac and reduce to au sec (almost gone). Add in cream and reduce by half.
- Adjust the seasonings of the cream sauce and pour over the steak.