I am always looking to try new things. Let me clarify, I am always looking to try easy things when it comes to putting food on the table every night for my family. Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to rush anything or do any thing ½ way but I’m also not looking to slave away in the kitchen all night. I am looking for fast, easy, loaded with flavor meals that cleanup easy. I know you are probably thinking what kind of chef am I looking to do stuff like that. Don’t get it twisted, I am all down for searing foie gras and serving it alongside citrus scented figs and 100 year old balsamico, but when it comes to the family I don’t have time for all that. I was super happy with the way this Spicy Mexican Stew Recipe with Chicken and Rice turned out. I got to use the slow cooker, which is just mindless, the stovetop and the oven, all which were easy to deal with. To wrap this up, if you want all the stuff I want every night, then make this Spicy Mexican Stew Recipe with Chicken and Rice, your family will love it.
Comfortably spicy and great with all the accompaniments
Why is plain rice so good?
A little closer in
And one to finish you off 🙂
Spicy Mexican Stew Recipe with Chicken and Rice
- 4 seasoned and cooked chicken breasts
- two 28 ounce can of chopped or crushed tomatoes and juice
- ½ small diced yellow onion
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of adobo sauce or 1 minced chipotle pepper and adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- poached eggs
- 1 head of trimmed cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 4 cups of cooked medium-grain rice
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- avocado for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Place the cooked chicken, tomatoes, yellow onion, garlic, adobo sauce and oregano into a slow cooker lined with a slow cooker liner and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
- In a bowl mix together the cauliflower, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper until combined and place the cauliflower on a ½ sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven on 425° for 15 minutes.
- Once the spicy chicken stew is done, serve with poached egg and along side the roasted cauliflower and cooked rice and garnish with cilantro, lime wedges and avocado.