Straight up awesome pasta dish and way different than the norm! A little kick from the hatch peppers and then a delicious smoothness from the roasted red pepper sauce. For sure make this Spicy Fettucini Pasta with Red Pepper Cream Sauce recipe for the family asap!
Spicy Fettucini Pasta with Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- 2 cups of chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1/2 small diced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 Hatch peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 ounces of sliced pancetta
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of fettucini noodles
- 2 tablespoons of chiffonade fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup of shredded Sartori Montamore cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a hot saute pan with 1 tablespoons of olive oil, caramelize the onions and garlic. Once brown, add in the peppers and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Once cooked, transfer to a blender along with the chicken stock and blend until pureed. Next, add the sauce back to the saute pan with cream, salt and pepper and keep warm.
- In a large bowl coat the peppers with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a vert hot grill until (450° to 550°) charred on the outside. Once they are charred, remove from the heat and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes. Next, scrape off the char, remove the seeds, julienne and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, coat the chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place on a very hot grill (450° to 550°) and cook until golden brown and cooked through in the center. Remove from the heat and thinly slice.
- Add the Pancetta to the grill (450° to 550°) and cook until crispy. Be careful as flames will arise. Once cooked, remove from the heat and chop up.
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente (slightly crunchy), about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Lastly, add the cooked pasta to a large bowl and toss with red pepper sauce, sliced peppers, sliced chicken, pancetta, herbs, cheese, salt and pepper.