Need a quick 1 bite appetizer? These Spicy Chicken Wontons with Guacamole are absolutely delicious and easy to make.
It all starts with slow cooking some chicken breasts in RO*TEL until the chicken easily pulls apart. From there you chill it and stuff them up into wonton wrappers with some shredded cheddar cheese!
Once they are baked to golden brown you are free to dip them in a tasty easy to make guacamole for the ultimate 1-2 punch.
Be sure to make these Spicy Chicken Wontons with Guacamole for your next get together.
- 1 batch of rockin’ guacamole recipe
- 2 8-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 10 ounce can of RO*TEL
- 4 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 50 wonton sheets
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Make 1 batch of rockin’ guacamole and set aside in the refrigerator and keep cool before serving.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper and sear them until golden brown in a medium size frying pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. About 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Next, add the chicken breasts to a slow cooker with 1 can of RO*TEL and cook on high heat for 4 hours. Shred with forks and chill completely until cool.
- Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of shredded chicken into the center of a wonton sheet along with 1 teaspoon of shredded cheese. wet the outside edge of the wonton wrapper with water and fold to the center pinching to ensure it is shut.
- Transfer the wontons to cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 400° for 12 to 14 minutes or until the wonton is lightly browned.
- Serve warm with the rockin’ guacamole.