Spicy Asian Chicken Soup with Rice Noodles
Make this quick and delicious Spicy Asian Chicken Soup with Rice Noodles!
- 2 heads of broccoli, trimmed
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced thin
- ½ head of sliced green cabbage (I prefer Napa)
- 15 thinly sliced shittake mushrooms
- 1 julienne red bell pepper
- 1 carved rotisserie chicken
- 3 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh ginger
- ½ gallon of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 large package of bean thread or rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons of chili garlic paste
- bean sprouts, lemon wedges and fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large pot on high heat with sesame oil, caramelize the ginger and garlic. Once brown, add in the stock and let simmer for 20 minutes. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- In the mean time submerge the noodles in hot water for 2 to 4 minutes or until soft. Once softened, strain from the water and mix around the noodles with the chili garlic sauce and set aside.
- Once the stock has simmered for 20 minutes, simply add in all of the vegetables and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- To Serve: Place a handful of the spicy noodles in the bottom of a bowl and add a few ladles of the stock and vegetables right on top. Top off with pieces of the rotisserie chicken, bean sprouts and cilantro. Serve with a lemon wedge.