Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad with Lime Vinaigrette
Try this amazing and refreshing Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad with Lime Vinaigrette recipe!
For the Southwest Rub:
- ¼ cup Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of onion poweder
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
For the Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup of white balsamic vinegar
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ cup of olive oil
For the Chicken Salad:
- two 8 ounce chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 4 cups of packed Spring lettuce mix
- 1 cup of cooked fresh corn kernels
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 avocado diced into ½ inch chunks
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine all of the southwestern rub and season the chicken breast on both sides very well.
- Place the seasoned chicken breast on a hot grill and cook on both sides cooking it completely through.
- While the chicken is cooking add the vinegar, lime juice, mustard and honey to a mix bowl and whisk in oil. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl add in the spring mix, corn, avocado, and tomatoes and dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss thoroughly.
- Place the mixed salad on a serving plate, slice the chicken and place it on top of the mixed salad.