Oh my sweet Lord was this Southern Fried Pickles Recipe a ridiculous hit at my 4th of July party! One of my buddies even texted me telling me that his wife would not stop talking about them and how she wanted to eat more immediately! They were a huge success and I know your friends and family will dig them too! Sorry for the over exposed picture, it was tough getting the lighting right 🙂 ENJOY!
Southern Fried Pickles Recipe
- 2 jars of rinsed Kosher dill pickles sliced on a bias
- 1 pint of butter milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of corn meal
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of corn starch
- 1/4 cup of dry dill
- 3 tablespoons of seasoning salt or to taste
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- ranch and bleu cheese dressing for dipping
- First, drain the pickles, slice on a bias and add them back to the jar with only water to try dilute some of the vinegar flavor and keep cool.
- Next, in a small pan or bowl whisk together butter milk and eggs and keep cool. In a separate pan or bowl mix together corn meal, flour, corn starch, dry dill and seasoning until completely combined.
- Once everything is prepared, strain the pickles and place them into the buttermilk mixture and thoroughly coat. Once coated toss them into the breading and also coat thoroughly until the pickles are completely covered. Place the breaded pickles onto a sheet pan lines with parchment and be sure to spread them out.
- In a large saute pan or cast iron pan on medium high heat, add in the vegetable oil. Once hot add in the breaded pickles and fry for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Be sure that the pickles are not stacked on top of each other.
- Once fried remove from the oil and let set on paper towels. Serve with dressings and garnish with fresh dill.