So I had a ton of left over roasted and slow cooked chicken from the cassoulet the other night and decided to use it up in this Soba Noodle Bowl with Sriracha and Ginger Lemon Broth. You want flavor, you’ve got it with all of the vegetables, poached egg and chicken that soak up the ginger lemon broth and then finished with a kick from the Sriracha. For a little extra kick I finished it with fresh green onions, cilantro and peanuts.
Make this Soba Noodle Bowl with Sriracha and Ginger Lemon Broth now!
Soba Noodle Bowl with Sriracha and Ginger Lemon Broth
For the Broth:
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 smashed cloves of garlic
- 1/2 ounce of smashed fresh ginger
- juice and body of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1/2 gallon of chicken stock
For the Vegetables:
- 6 poached eggs
- 1 pound of cooked soba noodles
- 3 par boiled sliced carrots
- 3 par boiled heads of baby bok choy
- 1 cup par boiled snow peas
- 1 cup par boiled sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup of sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup of peanuts
- Sriracha sauce for garnish
- Broth: In a large hot pot with sesame oil caramelize the ginger and garlic. Once brown deglaze with sherry and cook until it almost gone. Next squeeze in lemon juice and add the bodies to the pot along with the chicken stock and fish sauce. Cook and infuse the flavors for 20 minutes on medium heat. Strain before serving.
- To Serve: Add in a small amount of noodles, chicken, vegetables, poached egg in a bowl with the hot ginger lemon broth and garnish with the cilantro, green onions, peanuts and sriracha.