No joke, I probably make this Slow Cooker Pozole Soup Recipe twice a month. Not only do I make it twice a month, I make enough so that I can eat it for at least 3 days. I think I like the fact that the soup itself, without all the condiments, is like 6 ingredients. The slow cooked chicken literally just melts in your mouth and it has that comfortably spicy flavor that is just so perfect. No couple that with avocado, radishes, limes and tortilla chips and you will have an oral orgasm. Yes, believe it or not chefs do use slow cookers, READ HERE on how I fell in love with my slow cooker. For now, enjoy this amazing Slow Cooker Pozole Soup recipe!
Slow Cooker Pozole Soup Recipe
- 3 browned and cooked seasoned chicken breasts
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 3 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 seeded and small diced jalapeño
- 1 seeded and small diced dried ancho chile
- 6 cups of rinsed hominy
- 64 ounces of chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons of dried oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- sliced avocado for garnish
- sliced limes for garnish
- sliced radishes for garnish
- fresh oregano leaves for garnish
- tortilla chips for garnish
Place all ingredients except the last 6 in a slow cooker lined with a slow cooker liner and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
Finish the soup by adjusting the seasonings with salt and pepper.
Serve with garnishes.