If you are looking to tailgate on the go and bounce around you’re going to need to pack some food with you, and these delicious Pork Manwich® Sloppy Joe’s Stuffed Empanadas with Buffalo Ranch sauce is where it’s at!
The coolest thing about Manwich® is that you can put it on anything to enhance the flavor, just check out our beer can chicken.
The dough is incredibly easy to make, however if you are crunched for time pre-made frozen puff pasty will work just fine!
You can wrap them up in parchment or foil and take them with or eat them fresh out of the oven.
Big picture below for pinning.
- 5 cups of all-purpose flour + more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 6 ounces of cold unsalted butter
- ¾ cup of cold water
- 2 egg yolks and 2 tablespoons of whole milk whisked to make an egg wash
- 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry dough
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small diced medium sized yellow onion
- 1 seeded and small diced medium sized red bell pepper
- 1 seeded and small diced medium sized green bell pepper
- 2 pounds of ground pork
- 15 ounce can of Manwich® Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 cup of ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper sauce
- For the Dough: In a food processor add in the flour, salt, baking powder and butter and pulse until it is combined and becomes mealy. Next, slowly drizzle in the cold water while continuing to pulse on high speed until it forms a ball. Add the dough to a bowl, wrap in plastic and keep cool in the refrigerator.
- Sloppy Joes: In a large sauté pan on high heat with olive oil, add the onions and bell peppers and saute, about 6 to 8 minutes. Once they are browned, add in the ground pork and cook until all of the pink is gone. Finish by pouring in two 15 ounce cans of Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce and mix until combined. Chill until completely cooled, about 60 minutes.
- To Assemble: Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Form the dough into 10 balls and roll out each on a clean surface dusted with flour until it is about 10” in diameter. Place about ½ to ¾ cup of Sloppy Joe to the center of the rolled out dough and fold the top of the dough over to the bottom and pinch together using a fork. Brush the tops with egg wash. Repeat 9 more times until the dough is used up.
- Substitute Dough: Roll out the puff pastry until it is ⅛” thick on a clean floured surface and cut them into 8 total squares. Place about ½ to ¾ cup of Sloppy Joe to the center of the rolled out puff pastry and fold the top of the puff pastry over to the bottom and pinch together using a fork. Form the dough to a half moon shape. Brush the tops with egg wash. Repeat 9 more times until the dough is used up.
- Place the stuffed empanadas on a shallow baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and flaky on top.
- For the Dipping Sauce: In a small bowl whisk together the ranch dressing and pepper sauce until combined and serve alongside the cooked empanadas.