Want to top your friends beer can chicken recipe, then this Manwich® marinated beer can chicken is exactly what you should make.
Marinate the chicken for 4 hours in Manwich® and then it’s as simple as placing it on a 16-ounce beer can and cooking on medium heat on the grill. To make sure the flames stay down, place the chicken and beer onto a cast iron skillet.
While you can eat this as is, feel free to pull the chicken and serve it up with some roasted peppers and onions on a hoagie roll.
It’s important to baste the beer can chicken every 15 to 20 minutes with a fresh can of Manwich® (make sure to discard the marinated Manwich® before grilling).
Pin the big one below!
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 24 ounce can and a 16 ounce can of Manwich® Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 16 ounce beer in a can, pour out ⅓ of it
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 seeded and thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 seeded and thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1 thinly sliced yellow onion
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Place the chicken and 24-ounce can of Manwich® Sloppy Joe Sauce into a large plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, place the carcass end of the chicken around an opened 16-ounce can of beer and place it on a cast iron skillet and place on a grill heated to medium for 65 to 70 minutes or until browned and cooked through out. Discard the bag with the remaining Sloppy Joe sauce. Baste the chicken every 15 to 20 minutes with the 16-ounce can of Manwich® Sloppy Joe Sauce.
- In a large saute pan with olive oil, or directly on the grill on high heat, roast up the peppers and onions until browned.
- Serve the cooked beer can chicken along side the roasted vegetables.