Shrimp Scampi with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Try this Shrimp Scampi with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto recipe that is loaded with flavor!
- 1 cup of packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of finely minced fresh garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces of linguine pasta
- 8 ounces of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of julienne sun dried tomatoes
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse together basil leaves, pine nuts and 1 garlic clove. Once roughly chopped, squeeze in lemon juice and pulse some more. With the processor turned to high, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it becomes a paste. Last but not least finish it with cheese, salt and pepper and pulse to mix in. Once the pesto is finished, set it to the side.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until the noodles are al dente (8 to 12 minutes).
- In the mean time melt the butter in a large saute pan on medium high heat and add in the garlic to caramelize. One the garlic is brown add in the shrimp and saute until they are cooked through (4 to 6 minutes). Once cooked adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- When the pasta is done, strain it and it to a bowl and toss it together with the pesto and sun-dried tomatoes.
- To Plate: Lay down the tossed pasta and top off with a few pieces of the shrimp scampi. Garnish with extra pieces of julienne sun-dried tomato.