If there’s one thing I wish we would eat more of, it’s fish! My wife and little girl are a little bit picky and only seem to like the ones that are $30 a pound, go figure, like Sea Bass, Halibut, Crab Legs, etc. However, I do like to treat them with these extra tasty fishies on occasion and load it up with flavor and vegetables. There is no cleaner way to eat than en papillote, which means cooked in parchment paper. As tomatoes and asparagus are coming on the scene, I decided to throw those in the mix along with some spring onions and golden beets.
While all of the vegetables and fish are so good in their natural state, they do need some additional good fat for flavor. Good fats are a source of energy and essential fatty acids your body can’t produce on its own. They can include eating things like almonds, avocado, or even cooking your food in buttery spreads. While fish are already loaded with Omega-3’s EPA-DHA, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter just adds to the equation by providing plant-based Omega-3 ALA and Omega-6 LA
An easy way to get some good fats into your diet along with some killer flavor, is to make an herb buttery spread. Coupling Sea Bass along with plant-based oils is fantastic way to incorporate more good fats as well as superb flavor! The rich buttery flavor of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter paired with lemon, dill, salt and pepper is the perfect combo for my Sea Bass en Papillote. While the buttery spread is nice and seasoned in its natural state, I always think it’s a good idea to add a little more because it will be used as a huge seasoning ingredient to the overall dish.
To make sure the delicious fresh vegetables get a little more flavor, and increasing the potential to brown them, is by melting a tablespoon of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and drizzle it over the top of the fish and veggies before cooking it on the oven.
I can’t express to you how delicious this dish is, seriously make it as soon as you can. When you incorporate lots of vegetables, good fats and lean proteins your diet, it is amazing how good you feel.
Compensation for this post was provided by Unilever via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Unilever or AOL.
- 1 pound of sea bass cut into 4 fillets
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 1 bunch of purple asparagus
- 2 yellow tomatoes cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 red tomatoes cut into 8 wedges each
- 4 golden beets cut into 8 wedges each
- 4 spring onions cut into 4 quarters each
- ½ cup of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter + 4 tablespoons melted
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
- 4 sheets of parchment paper
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl whisk together ½ cup of I can’t Believe It’s Not butter, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper and set aside in the refrigerator to keep cool.
- Place 4 green and 4 purple asparagus down in the middle of the right half of the parchment paper.
- Put 1 Sea Bass fillet on top of the asparagus and around it garnish with 4 yellow tomato wedges, 4 red tomato wedges, 4 quarters of spring onions 8 golden beet wedges.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of melted I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter all over the sea bass and vegetables and also season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the parchment over to cover the fish and starting in the top left corner and working around the bottom left corner fold several small creases so that it becomes air tight.
- Repeat the process 3 more times and place the en papillote’s onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the pan in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once finished, remove from the oven and tear the en papillote’s open and add a dollop of lemon-dill buttery spread.