Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published June 24, 2014. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you can’t tell by the last few recipes I’ve cranked out, Mediterranean Pasta Recipe with Fresh Tomatoes or Easy Slow Cooked Chicken Tacos Recipe I am all about huge flavors with a few stipulations…. It’ can’t have a ridiculous amount of ingredients, or steps, and it can’t take all dang day. I don’t mind if things take up to an hour from start to finish, but with a family it CANNOT go past that. I just don’t have that kind of time and I’m sure you don’t either. However, as a chef I want to put a meal in front of my family that I can be proud of and that they will enjoy eating. I hooked up this Sautéed Chicken and Corn Succotash Recipe that literally took 45 minutes total. That is from prepping it to being on the plate in front of my family… Not bad. The cool thing about this dish, is that it’s something different. It’s not just broiled chicken with sauteed frozen veggies. The chicken is smothered in fresh thyme and lemon zest, and the vegetables are pan roasted and finished with a touch of butter and seasoned to perfection. I really REALLY suggest giving this Sautéed Chicken and Corn Succotash Recipe a try, I think you’ll like it.
Is it me or do things just taste better in a cast iron skillet?
I garnished the chicken with a little extra lemon zest and fresh thyme.
And of course squeeze a little lemon on the chicken before serving.
Sautéed Chicken and Corn Succotash Recipe
- 4 bone-in skin on chicken thighs
- 2 skin on split chicken breasts
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme leaves
- 6 ears of trimmed fresh corn
- 2 cups of lima beans
- 4 finely minced cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 pound of picked fresh green beans
- 3 seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 ounce of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Season the chicken breast on all sides with salt and pepper and rub in the lemon zest and thyme reserving a little bit of each for garnish at the end.
- In a large saute pan or cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high heat, saute the chicken on 1 side for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Next, turn the chicken over and squeeze on the juice of 2 lemons all over the browned chicken and place the pan in the oven to finish the chicken on 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until cooked through out.
- While the chicken is in the oven place a large saute on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pan roast the corn, garlic, lima beans, fresh green beans and tomatoes until they are cooked and roasted. Finish with butter, salt, pepper and green onions.
- When the chicken is done, garnish with the remaining zest and thyme, and serve along side the roasted vegetables and lemon wedges.