I always say that there is NOTHING more comforting than a hot bowl of soup, and this Sausage, Kale and Bean Soup Recipe is perfect! It’s got such a perfect blend of broth, chunkiness and creaminess that it literally is the perfect soup. The only thing you could add to this Sausage, Kale and Bean Soup Recipe would maybe be some potatoes. I make this soup pretty often through out the winter months as it’s become a family favorite. You could also try making this in a slow cooker.. Enjoy!
A little picture for you to pin 🙂
- 2 smalled diced yellow onions
- 4 small diced stalks of celery
- 4 small diced carrots
- 3 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 2 heads of roughly chopped kale
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 pounds of sweet pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 gallon of chicken stock
- 1 Parmesan cheese rind
- four 16 ounce cans of Northern beans, strained
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh oregano
- ½ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Tabasco to taste
- Lea & Perrins to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In a large pot on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, caramelize the onions, celery, carrots and garlic. While browning in separate large saute pan on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, cook the sausage until brown and cooked through.
- Once the sausage is cooked, add them to the large pot of caramelized vegetables.
- Add in stock, cheese rind and bring to a boil. Once it is to a boil, turn the heat down to medium and add in kale, beans, herbs and seasonings and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot