Is there anything more comforting than Macaroni and Cheese? I don’t think so. So simple, so tasty, and so heart warming, and with a little rotisserie chicken thrown in the mix, it adds a little more sustenance to this dish. Feel free to swap out some cheeses with your favorites. Try using a simple cheddar or perhaps a mozzarella. In any event, make this Rotisserie Chicken Macaroni and Cheese Recipe as a meal for the family or for your next BBQ get together!
Rotisserie Chicken Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1 rotisserie chicken carved and small diced
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 small diced small shallot
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of grated Sartori Montamore cheese substitute with Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup of grated Asiago cheese
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a large saute pan on high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil caramelize the garlic and shallots. Once brown, add in the cream and reduce until it becomes thick (alfredo sauce). Once thick, whisk in grated cheese and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper and keep warm.
In a large pot of boiling salted water par-cook the elbow macaroni, about 6 minutes, and strain. Add the cooked macaroni to a large bowl along with the cheesy cream and chopped rotisserie chicken and mix thoroughly. Transfer the mixture to a large souffle dish and top off with bread crumbs and drizzle on 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake the souffle dish at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes. Once cooked, remove and garnish with sliced green onions.