Roasted Tomato Salsa Recipe
Make this easy Roasted Tomato Salsa Recipe that is sure to be a hit!
- 8 vine ripe tomatoes, cut in half and seeded
- 1 thickly sliced sweet onion
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and cut in half longways
- 2 gloves of roasted garlic
- juice of ½ lime
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the tomatoes into a large sheet of foil skin side up. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and fold up all the ends of the foil to make a tent. Place the tent on a very hot grill (400° to 500°) for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked and charred. Once cooked, remove from the tomatoes and juices from the foil and immediately chill.
- Next, place the onions and poblano peppers on to a very hot grill (400° to 500°) for 12 to 15 minutes or until caramelized/charred. Once cooked, remove from the heat and immediately chill.
- Once everything is chilled place the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, lemon and lime juice into a blender and process until smooth with a few chunks. Finish with salt and pepper and cilantro. Serve with corn tortilla chips.