Roasted Tomato Salsa Recipe
Make this easy Roasted Tomato Salsa Recipe that is sure to be a hit!
- 8 vine ripe tomatoes cut in half and seeded
- 1 thickly sliced sweet onion
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and cut in half longways
- 2 gloves of roasted garlic
- juice of 1/2 lime
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
Place the tomatoes into a large sheet of foil skin side up. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and fold up all the ends of the foil to make a tent. Place the tent on a very hot grill (400° to 500°) for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked and charred. Once cooked, remove from the tomatoes and juices from the foil and immediately chill.
Next, place the onions and poblano peppers on to a very hot grill (400° to 500°) for 12 to 15 minutes or until caramelized/charred. Once cooked, remove from the heat and immediately chill.
Once everything is chilled place the tomatoes, peppers, onions, garlic, lemon and lime juice into a blender and process until smooth with a few chunks. Finish with salt and pepper and cilantro. Serve with corn tortilla chips.