If you are looking for a side dish that is a little more on the lighter side of things than for sure check out this Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe. Don’t worry though because there is plenty of flavor in this recipe and if you want to cut back heavy on fat calories then simply go light on the butter and sour cream, and add more cheese and extra virgin olive oil.
Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- 2 heads of trimmed fresh cauliflower
- 20 cloves of roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook the cauliflower until it is tender and cooked through out, about 8 minutes.
Add the cooked cauliflower to a food processor along with the roasted garlic cloves, butter, cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper until it becomes smooth and resembled mashed potatoes.
Garnish with the chopped chives.