Get 5 Secrets to Make Homemade Taste Food Better + New Recipes Weekly!
Published September 20, 2013. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I always like making new vinaigrette dressings so instead of using raw garlic and shallots I decided to make this Roasted Garlic and Shallot Vinaigrette Recipe with honey. There is a lot more flavor in this vinaigrette from the vegetables being slow roasted and dang is it great on salad! In addition to this Roasted Garlic and Shallot Vinaigrette Recipe being great on a normal leafy green salad, it would be great on a pasta salad or perhaps even a potato salad it’s that good. Look, if Paul Newman can make salad dressings so can you 🙂
Roasted Garlic and Shallot Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 large peeled shallot cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 1/2 cups of salad oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- coat the shallot and garlic in olive oil and place in a saute pan and roast in the oven on 325° for 30 minutes. Once they are golden brown, remove from the oven and cool.
- When the shallot and garlic are cool, place in a blender with vinegar, mustard and honey and blend on high until the shallot and garlic are finely minced.
- Next, turn the blender down to low speed and slowly drizzle in all of the oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper and chill before using on salad greens.