I’m a huge fan of pumpkin carving and every Halloween that comes by I can’t wait to carve up a pumpkin and roast some pumpkin seeds! I am in no way shape or form a professional pumpkin carver, I just now how to use a knife, and I may have a hint of creativity. I suppose thats really all you need to carve a pumpkin. I can tell you that I know for a fact you can roast your own pumpkin seeds at home! Not only are they delicious and go well in so many things like salads, but they are really really good for you. So once you have finished carving your pumpkin, don’t you dare throw away those seeds! Simply follow the recipe below 🙂
- Left over seeds from a medium sized pumpkin, washed and dried
- olive oil for coating
- Kosher salt or Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
Serves A lot
- In a large saute pan on medium high heat, add in olive oil and pumpkin seeds to toast (About 3 to 4 minutes).
- Next season the pumpkin seeds with salt and place the whole pan in the oven on 375° to roast for 10 to 20 minutes or until tender in the middle.
- Note: You can try to spice up these pumpkin seeds by adding in different seasonings and spices. GET CREATIVE!