Man do I have something cool and crazy for you! A Pumpkin and Chocolate Pake Recipe that literally combines a pie and cake. Check it out!
Super easy to make actually, just follow along below!
Start by baking a Marie Callender’s Pumpkin pie and cooling it to room temperature.
Next make a simple chocolate sheet cake, don’t worry instructions are below!
And maybe I am going to put a little chocolate sauce over the top 🙂
Using a circle cutter, start making your rounds.. Literally!
Stack the pie onto the cake, drizzle with chocolate sauce and top off with whipped cream and sprinkles, if you so desire!
The combo of pumpkin and chocolate is amazing. Two of the best things coming together in 1 bite!
1 more for fun 🙂
Pumpkin and Chocolate Pake Recipe
For the Chocolate Cake:
- 2 fully cooked and cooled Marie Callender’s® Pumpkin Pies
- 1 cup of soft unsalted butter
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 ½ cups of whole milk
For the Chocolate Sauce and Garnishes:
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Reddi-wip® for garnish
- Chocolate sprinkles for garnish
- Cook the Marie Callendar’s® Pumpkin Pies according to it’s instructions on the packaging and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment cream together the butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Next, add in 1 egg at a time on low speed until it is combined and then finish by adding in the vanilla.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, coco powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture on low speed in 3 different batches alternating with the milk, but beginning with the dry ingredients and ending with the dry ingredients until it is combined.
- Once it is combined pour it into a buttered and floured 13x9 baking dish and bake in the oven on 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Cool the cake to room temperature.
- Using a 2” circle round cutter, cut 10 individual rounds for the chocolate cake as well as from the 2 cooked and cooled Marie Callendar’s® Pumpkin Pies and set aside.
- Chocolate sauce: Place the chocolate chips, heavy cream and unsalted butter into a double boiler and cook on low heat until combined. Keep warm
- To Assemble: Place the 2” cut circle pumpkin pie on top of the 2” cut circle chocolate cake and repeat 9 more times until they have all been used up.
- To Garnish: Place a small amount of Reddi Whip® on top of each mini cake and sprinkle on some chocolate sprinkles.
- Optional Garnish: Drizzle chocolate sauce on top of each pumpkin/chocolate cake before putting on the Reddi Whip® or chocolate sprinkles.