This recipe for Prosciutto and Cantaloupe Caprese Salad with Pesto defines my exact style of cooking. It’s all about taking the classics and changing it up with flavors you know works. Make it. Eat it. Love it.
Prosciutto and Cantaloupe Caprese Salad with Pesto
Be sure to try this amazingly refreshing Prosciutto and Cantaloupe Caprese Salad with Pesto that is sure to be a fan favorite.
- 1 seeded and thinly sliced fresh in season cantaloupe
- 5 thinly sliced balls of buffalo mozzarella
- 6 ounces of thinly sliced prosciutto ham
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1 clove of fresh garlic
- juice of ½ fresh lemon
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of toasted pine nuts
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Layer and fan out the cantaloupe and mozzarella on a white plate with slices of the prosciutto ham in the center.
- Pesto: Add the fresh basil to a robot coupe or food processor with the toasted pine nuts and using the pulse button process until basil and pine nuts are cut up.
- Next, add in garlic and lemon juice and pulse.
- Slowly add in the olive oil while the robot coupe is on and until the pesto has emulsified.
- Finish with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and continue to pulse.
- Add small dollops of the pest all over the cantaloupe, mozzarella and prosciutto. Enjoy!