Potatoes Au Gratin and Grilled Leg of Lamb
This Potatoes Au Gratin and Grilled Leg of Lamb recipe is perfect for an elegant Passover or Easter Dinner!
For the Lamb:
- 4 finely minced cloves of fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons of finely minced fresh thyme
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small leg of lamb
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the Potatoes:
- 5 Russet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces of unsalted butter cut into small chunks
- 1½ cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and ground white pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a plastic slider bag place the lamb, garlic, thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Once marinated, remove the lamb from the bag and season all sides with salt and pepper and cook on a hot grill (450° to 550°) on all sides until golden brown and a medium-rare to medium internal temperature has been achieved (this will take 30 to 40 minutes) Once cooked, remove the lamb from the grill and set aside to rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Slice up and serve on a plate.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl along with butter, cream, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix thoroughly. Transfer the mixture to a souffle dish and bake in the oven on 400° for 60 to 75 minutes. With about 25 minutes left in the cooking process, thoroughly mix together in a bowl the bread crumbs and olive oil and top the potatoes in the oven off with the mixture and finish baking. Once cooked serve along side the sliced lamb.