Pork Chops with Apple Butter & Lyonnaise Potatoes
Try these Pork Chops with Apple Butter & Lyonnaise Potatoes that is sure to be a family favorite!
- 3 ounce of unsalted butter
- 4 Braeburn apples, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- ⅓ cup of sherry wine
- ½ ground cinnamon
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 1 yellow onion cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
- ⅓ cup of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of roughly chopped parsley
- 2 double cut thick pork chops
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water boiled together)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Apple Butter: In a large saute pan on high heat with 1 ounce of butter caramelize the apples. Once soft and slightly brown de-glaze with sherry and cook until the liquid has been absorbed. Next add in simple syrup and cook on medium heat until it becomes very thick. Finish with cinnamon, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest and 2 ounces of butter. Keep warm on low heat.
- Pork: Next, season all sides of the pork with salt and pepper and in a saute pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high heat place in the pork and caramelize one side for 3 minutes. Flip the pork over and place the pan in the oven on 400° for 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown on both sides.
- Potatoes: In a large saute pan on high heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil add in the potatoes and onions and caramelize. Once brown add in the garlic and de-glaze with the vinegar and cook until the liquid has absorbed. Once the potatoes are golden brown and cooked through adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and finish with parsley.
- To Plate: Lean the pork chops on a bed of potatoes and top the pork with spoonfuls of apple butter.