Start your morning of right with this delicious Poached Eggs and Greens Oatmeal. It’s easy to make and incredibly delicious!
The yolk makes the oatmeal even creamier, it’s amazing!
Poached Eggs and Greens Oatmeal
- ½ cup of Steel Cut Oats
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 4 leaves of swiss chard
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3 poached eggs to desired amount of doneness
- grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium size pot and mix in the steel cut oats. Turn the heat to low and occasionally stir for 20 to 25 minutes or until the oats are al dente and the water is absorbed.
- Next, stir in the salt and butter until mixed in.
- In a hot saute pan with olive oil, wilt the swiss chard and season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Top the oatmeal off with wilted swiss chard, parmesan cheese and a poached egg seasoned with salt and pepper.