Love Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches and want to serve them at your tailgate but don’t want to go through the hassle of individual portions?! Don’t worry I’ve got you hooked up right here with this insanely delicious Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich Stuffed Italian Bread with Marinara Sauce!
This will definitely make you the talk of your next tailgate with just how unique and how good it is!
You could do everything on the grill too, just need some foil and a sauce pot. It is super easy to just grill up the peppers, onions, mushrooms and beef and then stuff it into the bread, wrap it in foil and pop it on the grill!
The marinara sauce is extremely easy to make and great for dipping, or you could pour it right over top of the finish baked bread.
Pin the big fella below 🙂
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ small diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 28 ounce can of Hunt’s® Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 1 thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 thinly sliced green bell pepper, seeded
- 1 cup of thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound of thinly sliced New York Strip steak
- 2 ounces of melted unsalted butter
- 2 loaves of Italian bread, cut on top into diagonal cross cut squares
- 2 cups of shredded provolone cheese
- Marinara Sauce: In a medium size pot on high heat with olive oil, add in the onions and garlic and cook until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Next, add in the Hunt’s® Crushed tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper and stew on low heat for 30 minutes. Keep hot.
- Stuffed Bread: Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large sauté pan on high heat with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add in the onions, peppers and mushrooms and sauté for 6 to 7 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove the vegetables from the pan and add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook the sliced beef until golden brown on the edges and cooked through out, and set aside.
- To Stuff: Drizzle the melted butter all over the bread and gently stuff the cracks of the diagonal cross cut squares with shredded cheese, cooked onions, peppers, mushrooms and beef.
- Wrap each loaf in aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and serve alongside the marinara sauce.